Last modified: June 30, 2021
This policy describes the types of information Cooper Tire (the “Company,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), as controller, may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website ("Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, which may include information defined as personal data or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal data”). For example, we may collect information such as your full name and title, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, country, job function, company/organization name, industry, current customer status, product interests, and information related to inquiries and requests. We may also collect information about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access our Website. As you navigate through the Website, we may automatically collect information such as your usage details, preferences in receiving marketing from us, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information You Give to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you sign up for newsletters and other types of information material; when we process and respond to your inquiries related to products, tech data sheets, technical support and customer service; and when you provide feedback on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including phone numbers, email and postal addresses).
- We may also be provided within information about you by your employer to set up a user account for you to use on the Website.
Information We Collect About You. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including resources that you access and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine web site traffic patterns.
- Count web visits.
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
- Observe site search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
- Determine user frequency and recency.
Google will use this information on behalf of us as the operator of this Website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity for Website operators and providing them other services relating to Website activity and internet usage.
In case IP anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be truncated within the UK or area of Member States of the European Union or the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. The IP anonymization is active on this Website.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser.
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Below please find information about how we process information collected about you (including personal data) as well as the corresponding lawful basis. We may process your information where the processing is:
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation. For example:
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us (to the extent it does not infringe on any data subject’s fundamental rights and freedoms). For example:
- To run and manage your account on our Website and allow you to use the Website. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (when you choose to do so). To keep our site safe and secure. To provide you with technical support and to improve our Website and services. To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to your inquiries. To notify you about changes to our service or our Website. To communicate (including by email and SMS) with you to provide information about our goods and services, including marketing information where you have not opted out of receiving this. You can opt out of receiving marketing at any time by following instructions to unsubscribe in our emails or by changing your preferences within your account. Subject to applicable law and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal data that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose Aggregated Data about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Subject to applicable law and regulations, we may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To any member of our group, which means our affiliates, including our ultimate parent company and its subsidiaries.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the activities noted above and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (e.g., database hosting providers, managed services providers, developers, consultants).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you email us asking us to contact a third party, we may transmit the contents of your email to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations.
V. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK and the European Economic Area. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK and EEA who work for us or other entities acting as data processors processing data on behalf of us. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your request or order and the provision of support services. The Company has implement international data transfer agreements on the basis of Standard Contractual Clauses, approved for use in the UK, in order to provide appropriate and suitable safeguards for personal data being transferred to countries outside the UK and EEA where an adequate level of protection is not already guaranteed. A copy can be obtained by contacting the Company’s Data Privacy Coordinator at email@example.com. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with this policy and applicable legislation.
VI. DATA RETENTION
Unless otherwise required by law, the Company will also erase personal data when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal data has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
VII. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting Company’s Data Privacy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please note that this does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
VIII. YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We remind you that you may at any time exercise certain rights you may have under applicable law and regulation, including the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data and information related to how it is processed.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, which includes the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, certain rights to request us to erase your personal data without undue delay.
- The right to restrict or object to processing concerning your personal data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your personal data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, processing is unlawful, your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes of processing, or you have otherwise objected to processing related to automated individual decision-making).
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your personal data transmitted from us to another controller.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, as further detailed in section XIII below.
Any requests, notifications or enquiries relating to the above rights should be directed by email to email@example.com, accompanied with up to date contact details so that we may respond to you as appropriate. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
IX. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of your personal data is at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
X. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this policy does not apply to these websites. The Company encourages you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites you enter. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit personal data. THE COMPANY DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
XI. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and the Company does not knowingly collect or use any personal data from children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XIII. Making a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). If you are based outside of the UK, you can contact the relevant data protection regulator in your jurisdiction instead. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
XIV. CONTACT INFORMATION
Should you have any questions or concerns about this policy and our privacy practices, you may also contact our Data Privacy Coordinator at:
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe Limited
Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 8AA