2020 Advent Calendar Competition Terms & Conditions
Home|2020 Advent Terms & Conditions
Avon Tyres & Cooper Tires – 2020 Advent Calendar consumer promotion
Competition Terms & Conditions
Law and Jurisdiction
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and, unless stated otherwise, be a current resident of a territory within the European regions.
- By entering this competition the entrant ('you' and 'your') will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and accept that you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
- This competition is governed by English Law and any matters relating to the competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- By entering this competition, prize winners agree to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos for use in future marketing and public relations in connection with the competition and in identifying them as a winner of the competition. This includes your agreement to have your image and name published on social media accounts and other promotional channels of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe Limited, its subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries (“Cooper Europe”), together with their brands, including Avon Tyres (including, but not limited to, the [Avon Tyres] website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter accounts) without any fee being payable or other rights being awarded to you.
- Any personal data that you supply to Cooper Europe or authorise Cooper Europe to obtain from a third party will be used by Cooper Europe to administer the competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data Cooper Europe may disclose it to (i) any person to whom Cooper Europe proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement Cooper Europe may have with you; (ii) any person to whom Cooper Europe proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iii) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of Cooper Europe in any country; and (iv) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data Cooper Europe may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom and/or the European Union, in which case Cooper Europe is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
- By entering the Competition, you grant Cooper Europe a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of your entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Furthermore, you agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and you warrant that you have full authority to grant such rights.
- To be eligible, you must accurately follow the instructions set out in the corresponding Competition. Unless stated otherwise, no purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person per daily Competition. All additional entries will be disqualified.
- The competition will run from 00:01am (GMT) on 1st December 2020 until 23:59pm (GMT) on 24th December 2020.
- Each daily Competition is open until 23:59pm (GMT) on the same day details of that Competition were first posted by Cooper Europe. No entry received outside of this time period will be accepted as eligible for that daily Competition.
- The winners will be chosen at random from the eligible entries received.
- No third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
- The prizes will be as stated in the communication launching each daily Competition. Any irregularity or lack of specificity in relation to any prize will be determined by Cooper Europe at its sole discretion.
- Unless otherwise stated by Cooper Europe, no travel expenses are included in any prize available as part of this promotion.
- No cash alternative will be offered or made available in substitution of any prize available as part of this competition.
- All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable unless with the express written consent of both Cooper Europe.
- This competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram or any of its affiliates.
- Cooper Europe’s decision regarding the competition winner will be final. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry into the competition implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Events may occur that render the prize itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Cooper Europe and, accordingly, Cooper Europe may at its absolute discretion amend or vary the competition. By participating in this competition, the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Cooper Europe as a result of any amendment or variation so required.
- Cooper Europe reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to extend the closing date of the competition, if for any reason any aspect of the competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of Cooper Europe which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. Cooper Europe may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries. In the event that Cooper Europe closes the competition early, prize winners may be selected from all valid and eligible entries received prior to the date of closure, except that Cooper Europe reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close the competition early without selecting any prize winners.
- The selected winner will be notified through a direct message on Instagram. Once the notification is sent, the selected winner will have 7 calendar days in which to claim their prize or their opportunity to be declared the competition winner will be lost. In that event, a new winner will be selected by Cooper Europe and the notification process repeated until Cooper Europe has selected a winner who claims their prize within the permitted time period.
- Employees (and their family members) of Cooper Europe are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- Any entries which Cooper Europe considers (at its absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, cruel, fraudulent or otherwise infringe the rights of others (including intellectual property rights) will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted by Cooper Europe for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for any reason. Cooper Europe also accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes.
- It is your responsibility to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the competition and acceptance of the prize. Cooper Europe cannot be held responsible for any failure by you to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of a prize.
Limits of Liability
- Cooper Europe makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of Cooper Europe, Cooper Europe shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by Cooper Europe, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to prize winners and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying prize winners.
- Cooper Europe accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received prizes.