Avon Tyres & Caterham Cars – Q4 2020 consumer promotion
Competition Terms & Conditions
Law and Jurisdiction
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, in possession of a full UK driving license and be a current resident of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).
- By entering this competition the entrant ('you' and 'your') will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and accept that you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
- This competition is governed by English Law and any matters relating to the competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- By entering this competition, prize winners agree to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos for use in future marketing and public relations in connection with the competition and in identifying them as a winner of the competition. This includes your agreement to have your image and name published on:
- social media accounts and other promotional channels (including, but not limited to, the Avon Tyres website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter accounts) of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Europe Limited, its subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries, together with their brands, including Avon Tyres (“Cooper Europe”); and
- social media accounts and other promotional channels of Caterham Cars Ltd, its subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries (“Caterham”)
without any fee being payable or other rights being awarded to you.
- Any personal data that you supply to Cooper Europe or authorise Cooper Europe to obtain from a third party, for example, a participating Dealer, will be used by Cooper Europe to administer the competition and fulfil prizes where applicable, including the sharing of personal data with Caterham. In order to process, record and use your personal data Cooper Europe may disclose it to (i) any person to whom Cooper Europe proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement Cooper Europe may have with you; (ii) any person to whom Cooper Europe proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iii) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of Cooper Europe in any country; and (iv) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data Cooper Europe may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event Cooper Europe is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
- To be eligible, you must purchase 2 or more Avon tyres, excluding motorcycle and motorsport tyres from a participating retailer between 00:01am on 1st September 2020 until 23:59pm on 30th November 2020. Proof of purchase is required to enter.
- Participating retailers are limited to: Blackcircles.com, National Tyres & Autocare, ATS Euromaster, Eden Tyres, Cabot Tyre Service, Uncle Toms Motoring Centres, Southern Tyres, North Devon Tyres, We Sell Tyres, Bush Tyres, Merityre and Elite Garages.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- The competition will run from 00:01am on 1st September until 23:59pm on 30th November. Entries must be received within this time period to be eligible.
- Enter the competition on the Competition Page of the Avon Tyres website by entering your details and uploading a photo of your receipt to serve as proof of purchase and, optionally a photo of your vehicle on Avon tyres for use on our social media channels.
- The winners will be chosen at random from the eligible entries received.
- First Prize: A personalised Caterham Seven Academy Car Package, including ARD test and participation in the 2021 race season. As an alternative to participation in the 2021 race season and ARD test, the prize winner can instead choose a personalised Caterham Seven Academy Car plus a Bollinger Experience Stay spa break at Carden Park in Cheshire.
- The “personalised” elements of the car will be discussed in consultation with Caterham Cars Ltd. and will be limited to options from their current vehicle design and colour/trim specifications up to a value of £1,200 and will only be available on the standard chassis size.
- Only one (1) First Prize will be available across all entrants, regardless of the route of entry in to the competition.
- The prize winner will be responsible for arranging, maintaining and paying for all insurance and tax requirements associated with ownership of a Caterham Seven Academy car, together with all fuel, consumables and maintenance requirements.
- Second Prize: Weekend hire of a Caterham Seven, plus £100 of spending money for spending at the prize winner’s discretion.
- Hire of a Caterham Seven car for a weekend must be completed prior to 31st December 2021 from any authorised Caterham Approved Retailer. The model of Caterham Seven car actually loaned to the prize winner will be subject to availability.
- 4x Second Prizes will be available to entrants through each of Blackcircles.com, National Tyres & Autocare and ATS Euromaster, with a further 4x Second Prizes being available for entrants from all other sources, giving a total of 16x Second Prizes being available.
- Third Prize: Two (2) VIP tickets to the British Motor Show 2021, including two (2) tickets for the [Avon Tyres Drift Taxi].
- No travel expenses or any other items of monetary value are included in any prize available as part of this competition.
- No cash alternative will be offered or made available in substitution of any prize available as part of this competition.
- All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable unless with the express written consent of both Cooper Europe and Caterham.
- Cooper Europe’s decision regarding the competition winner will be final. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry into the competition implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Events may occur that render the prize itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Cooper Europe and, accordingly, Cooper Europe may at its absolute discretion amend or vary the competition. By participating in this competition, the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Cooper Europe as a result of any amendment or variation so required.
- Cooper Europe reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to extend the closing date of the competition, if for any reason any aspect of the competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of Cooper Europe which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. Cooper Europe may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries. In the event that Cooper Europe closes the competition early, prize winners may be selected from all valid and eligible entries received prior to the date of closure, except that Cooper Europe reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close the competition early without selecting any prize winners.
- The selected winner will be notified through the contact details provided on the competition entry form. Once the notification is sent, the selected winner will have 7 calendar days in which to claim their prize or their opportunity to be declared the competition winner will be lost. In that event, a new winner will be selected by Cooper Europe and the notification process repeated until Cooper Europe has selected a winner who claims their prize within the permitted time period.
- Employees (and their family members) of Cooper Europe, Caterham and participating Dealers are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- Any entries which Cooper Europe considers (at its absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, cruel, fraudulent or otherwise infringe the rights of others (including intellectual property rights) will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted by Cooper Europe for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for any reason. Cooper Europe also accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes.
- It is your responsibility to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the competition and acceptance of the prize. Cooper Europe cannot be held responsible for any failure by you to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of a prize.
Limits of Liability
- Cooper Europe makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of Cooper Europe, Cooper Europe shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by Cooper Europe, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to prize winners and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying prize winners.
- Neither the participating Dealers nor Caterham accept any responsibility or liability in relation to this competition. By participating in this competition, you agree to a complete release of the participating Dealers and Caterham, together with their subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries from any claims whatsoever in relation to this competition.